School uniform is compulsory and we expect pupils to adhere to the regulations. We continue to review our school uniform with the School Council every 3-4 years.
The following is the school uniform and is obtainable from out-fitters in Dromore, Banbridge, Lisburn and Ballynahinch.
Boys : Navy blazer, dark charcoal grey flannels (not black), sky blue shirt, short sleeved summer shirt (optional), navy ‘V’ neck pullover, school house tie, navy or grey socks, black leather shoes, plain navy outdoor coat
Girls : Navy blazer, navy skirt (skirt with 2 kick pleats front and back), sky blue blouse, short sleeved summer blouse (optional), navy ‘V’ neck pullover, school house tie, navy tights (not black) or regulation school navy socks, flat black leather shoes, plain navy outdoor coat. We encourage girls to wear navy tights in the colder weather from November to April. The summer blouse can be worn in the summer term (term three) and in September to October of term one.
Scarf – A school woollen scarf is available from the school at a cost of £20 and billed through Parentpay.
Hoody – A Dromore High School hoody can be worn to and from school but not in school. This hoody is available in all our retailers.
Ties – School house ties – Cowan Heron – Red Ferguson – Green Percy – Yellow
Year teachers have responsibility for school uniform and they would appreciate your co-operation. Financial assistance with school uniform is available in certain circumstances. Application forms can be obtained from the school General Office. Denims, [jackets/trousers] are not acceptable.
We retain the right to remove such jackets for the remainder of the term and to send home offenders regarding denim trousers. The wearing of training shoes should be reserved only for use in Physical Education classes. When buying outdoor coats please ensure that they are plain navy. With blazers, light nylon jackets are suitable in the warmer weather. An outdoor coat with the school badge is available from retailers of our uniform.
We have always been an excellent uniformed school and we would ask parents to continue to support us in this matter. Reflective arm bands are an advisable safety measure. In addition special clothing will be required for the following subjects:
Boys: Top – Sky blue/navy rugby reversible jersey. Navy blue t-shirt for indoor and summer use Shorts – Navy rugby shorts Socks – Navy, sky blue hooped socks. Football boots and shin guards
Girls: Skort – Navy/sky blue Top – Sky blue polo shirt Hockey socks – Sky blue, navy hooped socks
6th Form Uniform
Procedures regarding school uniform and appearance
- Pupils will wear full school uniform;
- A watch and one plain ring are the only other jewellery permitted;
- Make-up is not permitted;
- Nail varnish must not be worn;
- Hair must be of conventional style and colour – as determined by the school;
- Girls’ skirts are not to be worn shorter than 10cm above the knee;
- Girls’ must wear flat-heeled black leather shoes;
- Outdoor coats should be navy in colour and not worn inside school;
- All items of uniform and other possessions must be clearly labelled;
- The School has no personal insurance for loss or damage of uniform or personal property;
- During non-uniform days or attendance at school organised trips, the school prohibits clothing which depicts alcohol or drugs, which has sexual or obscene connotations, which advocates violence, which uses offensive language or symbols or which states ethnic, racial, political or religious superiority.